The ones that are always there for you no matter what?
They get you through your day without a fuss?
And you just don't know how you'd get through all the mundane shite without them?
This post is about someone very special to me.
You see, when we moved up from Sydney, I left my best friends behind.
It still totally sucks balls not seeing them all the time.
But fresh starts & new opportunities often bring unexpected friendships.
It took us a while to find each other but, once we met, we hit it off straight away. We had so much in common & so many similar goals to achieve.
I love her for SO many reasons.
We spend most of our days together doing odd jobs. She's around for the good days & the bad. She's one of those friends you can always rely on. You know? The one who'll wait around til the party's over just to do the dishes for you. She likes things to be clean & she gets the job done.
She's a GREAT listener. Doesn't bombard you with opinions- just listens quietly.
She's not afraid of long silences. It never feels awkward. Sometimes she just hums quietly. Its comforting to know that she's there.
She's good with The Pesticles. They push her buttons as much as they push mine. And Pooey's so into her I'm CONSTANTLY telling him to leave her alone. But none if it phases her.
She knows more about the goings on in this house than The Sparky does. And she really just.....gets me.
She laughs at my jokes. And GOD how we laugh! Because sometimes, if we didn't laugh, I'd cry.
So today, in honour of my wonderful friend, we cracked open the bubbly that's been taking up room in my fridge for MONTHS! We sat around, ignored the surrounding mess, & talked & laughed & talked & laughed til The Sparky came home & ruined it all.
It was JUST what I needed to top off my week. And I had such a good time I thought Id share some photos of our FABULOUS
What a happy Friday it was...........
Do you have goods friends that you spends allllll your time with?








Love it! wish I had a friend like that. At least you don't have to listen to drivel.
ReplyDeleteWe all need friends like yours, I am sooooo jealous!
ReplyDelete