We’re back in Perth. Again.
AGAIN!
It’s about the 4th time we’ve checked into this caravan park, but Laithe’s sister & her other (much taller) half arrived last night & it was just easier to come back here to stay than drive back 100 odd km’s to pick them up from the airport. At midnight.
I’m not sure they would have enjoyed the last place we camped too much anyhow.
It was a rest stop on the side of the highway about 100km north of Perth.
This was our set up for the duration of our stay.
The kids bathed in the bucket on the picnic table… & so did I.
Luckily for you there was no photographic evidence of it this time.
You know how most things are scarier in the dark? Movies… empty parking lots… long hallways…
I find it’s the exact opposite with rest stop toilets.
I’ll spare you the details, & the photos, but I walked into the one at this stop & thought ‘How did you DO that? Is your a-hole located somewhere between your scapulae?’
I don’t think I will ever understand how someone (who I’m assuming isn’t 12 feet tall) can manage to shit 1.8 meters up a wall. But then again, I’ve never suffered from IBS.
Anyhow, if you squinted a lot, & chose not to acknowledge the little piles of toilet paper & poo scattered on the ground outside the toilet cubicle, it wasn’t so bad.
It was quiet enough, the other campers were friendly, & there was a nice little creek down the hill that had the kids entertained for hours.
There was also this cute little guy hanging around, skipping in & out of the camp sites day & night. Not wild, just a free agent. And pretty tame.
Of course Georgie’s initial reaction was “DAD! Can we eat it?” But, no, he was spared.
For now.
We stayed at this fabulous location not because I’m working on the kids immunity levels, but because it cost us nothing.
I’ve been technically, & literally, unemployed for 7 months now.
Funds have slowly, but surely, dried up.
Getting a job has proved a little more difficult than anticipated (clearly Western Australia is unaware of how fabulous I am).
And after crunching a few numbers last week we’re down to rationing food, toothpaste & toilet paper like it’s 1931.
The cruskits & canned soup just aren’t cutting it. I’m so hungry I could eat the arse out of a low flying duck.
So it’s kinda handy that we’re camped back here in the lap of luxury, bleeding money at Karrinyup Waters Resort, where the pond is fully stocked with ducks, geese, & water fowl.
And conveniently located right next to the BBQ area.
Somebody pass me to tongs & the soy sauce!
We’ll be passing our other little furry friend again, once we FINALLY leave Perth once & for all.
So as I sit, empty stomached, at my computer, trawling the net for jobs, all I really want to know is- ‘Is it rabbit season or duck season?’
Two posts in a week, fantastic. Keep them coming.
ReplyDelete