Here we are then.
Its just you & me.
Or more likely me & me.
I'll just pretend you're listening. I'm used to that.
Soooo. Do you like stuff?
I'm starting this blog in preparation.
Sparky & I have been feeling like something is missing.... Its not a child (we have 2 of those). Its not money, though we don't have LOADS of it. Its not stuff, friends, food, fun. Its just... something.
So we've made a new plan.
Again.
We're going to pack up this little house, our kids, and our car and hit The Road.
Which road? ....... Don't know.
For how long? ....... Not sure.
Coming back? ....... I reckon. Probably. Hopefully. Ah who knows.
Excited?...... SHIT. YEAH.
The plan, so far, is to drive down to Sydney to spend some time with friends & family. We've bagsed a spot for our car in the FIL's shed, bless them for storing all our shit yet again, & then we're going to fly to Perth.
Why?
Because our friends (who are finishing THEIR trip in Perth) are selling us their car & caravan then moving to SWITZERLAND!!! Ja!
So we sell the caravan & buy a camp trailer instead (we want to do a bit more 'off road' stuff than they did). We arse about for a bit setting everything up to suit us, i.e., where do I plug in my hair straightener?, hows my makeup going to fit in there?, where do we put the extension lead for the air conditioner & will the dual batteries be able to run it all night?......
I may, or may not do some casual shifts if money gets a bit tight. *Sigh*. And then we head off again. Where ever the wind blows us. Hopefully in a southerly direction & not from within- you know how boys get when there's a
From there we'll take our time, stopping where there's work, nice people or just a sunny outlook, & cover as much of the states & territories as we like.
Sparky is soiling himself with excitement about going to Tasmania and, single handedly eating them out of every delicacy they have on offer.
Miss G wants to see snow (a rarity in Cairns).
Pooey will sit in the back &, more than likely, not remember a thing. And Me?....
I'm just hoping to avoid cyclones, bush fires, outback axe murderers, Divorce, & Grey Nomad nudists. Anything else is a bonus.
So they're the very basics. What do you think?
For now I'm freaking out about alllll the stuff we need to organise before we leave. We have just over a year if things go to plan.
So until we get going, I'm after suggestions.
What are the 'MUST SEE' places in any of our Australian States & Territories?
Help me add them to my list.
At the rate my list is growing we'll NEVER come home.....
Just found your blog.....I think you will garner a lot of followers. I am reading them all and have many cackles each time.
ReplyDelete