So, in 2 days time, its our official ‘on the road’ anniversary.
Technically we were ‘off the road’ for a few weeks there while we were in Albany, but we’ve still been together TWENTYFOUR HOURS A DAY, SEVEN DAYS A WEEK.
It’s been… ah?… Character building.
I’ve had to learn restraint, that’s for sure.
You know when you want to punch someone fair in the face give someone a good piece of your mind?
Restraint.
Or when the symphony of sleep going on around you is ANYTHING but soothing & you just want to give everyone the Tontine treatment stomp out & sleep on the grass?
Restraint.
DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I’VE COUNTED BACKWARDS FROM 10!!!
*wipes away the frothy spittle, takes deep breath, rubs twitchy eye, puts hair back in place, & continues on like a completely normal person*
We’ve been really quite lucky, considering Mother Nature’s lithium levels have been all to cock since we left Perth.
We’ve had heaps of sunny days, a bit of rain, and SHITLOAD of wind either way.
When it’s good, it’s good. We go to the beach, or out on the boat fishing or crabbing.
And when it’s shit, we do indoorsy things or just drive around & see what we can see.
Actually, we drive around ALOT.
There’s so much land out here in the Great Southern WA. You can drive for hours & not see another car. There are dirt tracks & sand tracks going off in every direction.
Laithe likes to drive them all. Just to see where they go.
Today we did just that.
Drove around in the rain on loads of tracks. Just to see where they went.
We got off to a slow start.
It took us about half an hour to get 200m because Laithe had to stop 6 times. Twice to find & fix the real (or imagined) rattling sounds coming from inside, no, outside, no, inside the car. And 4 times to pee because he’d had a coffee AND a tea this morning. *eye roll*
The scenery was beautiful.
Isolated. No phone service. Wet & windy. But beautiful.
Despite the beauty, I always drive along these types of tracks thinking “I wonder how many bodies they’d find out here if they went looking?”
It’s such dense bushland. 4X4 access only. A husband person could go missing in a shallow grave not 2 meters off the track & never be found again. Ever.
Is this not the creepiest looking ‘Shack of Death’?
We found a couple of them today.
The fridge where they keep the body parts?
The comfy cot where they tie their victims?
Or maybe you’d prefer to share with this guy?
Even though I only rate their bathrooms 4 Pubes, I’d rather stay here thanks.
Without the snakes.
It’s Rest Point Holiday Village, Walpole.
The place is awesome. Crabbing, fishing, nice jetty, great family place.
But the ablutions are yuck. There’s so much iron in their water it smells like you’re bathing in blood &, if you head into the Ladies, there is actual blood smeared on the wall! I just close my eyes, hum a little ditty, & think of a happy place (filled with Domestos & white tiles)while I hover as best I can.
What have I learned so far?
- I might just need
respite from my familya job.
- I need to get a catheter pack & some leg bags for Laithe… who is still alive & well… just to clarify.
- I should never have watched Wolfe Creek. My imagination needs NO encouragement. And John Jarrets gone completely down hill since he & Noni split up.
- The kids, dare I say it, seem to be getting better in the car. Even when they aren’t having snacks shoved at them left, right, & centre.
- Showing restraint sucks balls. Rain or shine. Specially when you live with the King of Sweeping Statements!
#Note: For any readers that perhaps aren’t Nurses, the ‘Tontine Treatment’ involves a pillow being placed gently over the face until the FUCKING INCESSANTLY ANNOYING NOISES STOP!
When you have no idea where you are going, every sandy bush track takes you there.
ReplyDelete