WARNING: If you're not into foul language, terrible spelling and grammar, or a considerable amount of blaspheming, LOOK AWAY!

Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Onward & upward... again

We’re heading to Coral Bay this week, but for the last two nights we’ve been in Carnarvon.

According to it’s tourism website, Carnarvon is the “…the best kept secret”.

Of course I wouldn’t want to make any assumptions based on barb wire & security roller shuttered appearances. After all, I was the one at Woolworths with the 2 year old shouting “I WANT MY BEER!” while the other shoppers looked on.

All we’ve seen is the caravan park & the supermarket, but we were told, by several people, it’s a good place to stock up but you don’t stay in Carnarvon.

I took the amount of Police Officers I saw out on a Sunday afternoon as possible supporting evidence of this.

It is indeed though a good place to stock up.
IMG_0285
We spent a shit load to get us through the next few weeks.

There has been a real lack of anything resembling a vegetable of late & Georgie was worried scurvy might be a threat.

I heard her playing with Emerson the other week, setting up a picnic for him.

“Here mate. Here’s an orange, so you don’t get scurvy, & here’s your rum.”

Hmmmm…

So to put her spongy, bleeding gums & her malaised & lethargic mind to rest we had a whopping great salad last night & tonight it’s a roast. WITH VEGIES.
IMG_0291



We’re staying at the Wintersun Caravan & Tourist Park.
It’s nice enough. Away from the town centre.
There’s grass AND shade which is not always part of the $40+ per night package.

The ablution blocks are thoroughly cleaned & earn a well deserved 2 Pubes rating.

Best of all, they have local radio live fed into the blocks which means I can sing in the shower & dance my way down the isle to the toilets.

Georgie was mortified.

I did a fabulous poo yesterday to Cyndi Lauper &, let’s face it, who doesn’t love a good poo to Cyndi?
I let my true colours shine right through to ‘The rhythm of the Gascoyne- Classic Hits Triple 6’.


Today we set out to get the kids some new swimwear.

Pickings are slim in down town Carnarvon but Targèt Country came through with the goods.

IMG_0299

I even managed to buy my first cossie in over FIVE YEARS.  


In case you were wondering, I look exactly like this in it…

fiji-bikini-shoot-5
Just heading out for a snorkel at Ningaloo…

Only, with the state of the unmanicured lawns around here at the moment, I’ll be wearing ankle knee length boardies as well.


We’ll be stopping soon for a few weeks.

Laithe has a job lined up & he’s terribly depressed about it, but this fuel tank doesn’t fill itself & so one of us needs to work.

While he’s slogging his guts out in the heat I’ll be slogging an equal amount of guts out trying to catch up on Georgie’s school work & keeping Emerson from doing himself a serious injury.
I’ve stock piled 15 litres of wine. That ought to see me through sanely.

There really is nothing like pouring from a box. It’s the only way to travel.

I also plan to sort some work out for myself further up the track & catch you all up on the ridiculous amount of places we’ve already been. There is SO much I’ve left out. I can’t charge the laptop off the solar panel at the moment so the opportunities to write are limited.

There’s also been over 7,000 photos in 5 months to go through! I have to straighten most of them because, for some reason, I can’t take a level photo to save myself. I’ll blame it on my sort left leg.
If you haven’t seen it (& ‘liked’ it) already, you can see photos of our trip thus far here on Facebook.

Most of the people we’ve met have already headed much further north & in a bigger hurry than us. They’re all melting in Broome & beyond when they could have been back here, warming their giblets by the fires that we’re finally allowed to have again. Needless to say, as I sit here with my cardi on, we are in no such hurry to get too far ahead of the dry season.

Back on the road tomorrow. Not sure where to.

Onward & upward again, I spose. Really fucking slowly…

2 comments:

  1. Yet again I am larfing at your hilarious post.No one gets it except me. happy travels...Alithecat

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really good laugh is guaranteed when I see a new posting from you and again you haven't let me down, look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete